- “obscurum per obscurius”
- Forcing the ‘Custodians of the Planning Process’ to do their job.
- Injunctions against Quarries
- Path to Extinction: Giant Wind & Solar Farms Destroying Habitat & Threatening Endangered Species
- Michael Shellenberger: Sorry, But I Cried Wolf on Climate Change
- Adios to Substituted Consent. At last.
- Distraction from the car engine
- What do we mean by “Conflict of Interest”?
- Follow The Law is my Oyster on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Rabbitte; Phil Hogan; Office of the Chief Scientific Advisor; error; academic research; methodolgy; ethics; EirGrid; cancer; EMF; EMR; Dennis Henshaw; child leukaemia
The story of EirGrid’s handling of public concerns over the harmful effects of EMF was exposed in this blog over two years ago, including the now infamous “reverse-quotation” used in the research study commissioned by EirGrid. Through the tireless efforts … Continue reading
The defence of “commercial or industrial confidentiality” is routinely abused by many enterprises to conceal a plethora of evils from the reach of legitimate requests for Access to Information on the Environment (AIE). . Article 9(1)(c) of the AIE Regulations … Continue reading
I am currently the victim of a winter bug so the blog this week is limited to reporting back on previous stories. . In previous blogs I wrote that in response to the 1200 submissions on the Green Paper on … Continue reading
In 2007, a Report commissioned by the Department of the Marine, Communications and Natural Resources, entitled “Health Effects of Electromagnetic Fields”, recommended that although the risk was not severe enough to move existing (110 and 220 kV) lines away from … Continue reading