- “obscurum per obscurius”
- Forcing the ‘Custodians of the Planning Process’ to do their job.
- Injunctions against Quarries
- Path to Extinction: Giant Wind & Solar Farms Destroying Habitat & Threatening Endangered Species
- Michael Shellenberger: Sorry, But I Cried Wolf on Climate Change
- Adios to Substituted Consent. At last.
- Distraction from the car engine
- What do we mean by “Conflict of Interest”?
- Follow The Law is my Oyster on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: leukaemia; child; cancer; Dennis Henshaw; EMR; EMF; EirGrid; Slye; John Lowry; Rabbitte; Labour; Fianna Fail; Fine Gael; Green Party; Sinn Fein; pylons; cancer; medical opinion; ethics
The issue of the replacement of the 2006 Guidelines regulating a safe distance between wind-farms and residences has been going on for so long now in Ireland that it has taken on the nature of a Molière farce. The … Continue reading
In Part 1 of this series of blogs, I contemplated that awful question: “If my child develops cancer from the overhead lines, can I sue EirGrid?” As I said then, and do so again now, I no longer practice, and … Continue reading
In 2007, a Report commissioned by the Department of the Marine, Communications and Natural Resources, entitled “Health Effects of Electromagnetic Fields”, recommended that although the risk was not severe enough to move existing (110 and 220 kV) lines away from … Continue reading
I have never had a guest on my blog before but I was so impressed with this e-mail from Sean Murphy of New Ross that I have decided to reproduce it in its entirety as it covers areas which, although … Continue reading
Clearly fed-up with the plethora of statements to the public by EirGrid officials that pylons and the electric lines they carry are safe, a group of eminent physicians has written a letter to the Irish Medical Times, pointing out that … Continue reading