- “obscurum per obscurius”
- Forcing the ‘Custodians of the Planning Process’ to do their job.
- Injunctions against Quarries
- Path to Extinction: Giant Wind & Solar Farms Destroying Habitat & Threatening Endangered Species
- Michael Shellenberger: Sorry, But I Cried Wolf on Climate Change
- Adios to Substituted Consent. At last.
- Distraction from the car engine
- What do we mean by “Conflict of Interest”?
- Follow The Law is my Oyster on WordPress.com
Category Archives: The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe’s (UNECE) Convention on Access to Information
Many thanks to Wind Aware Ireland for this very informative update: Updates. 30th August, 2019 A panel of legal experts has found that Irish planning law is non-compliant with requirements under an international convention to allow the public to participate … Continue reading
The Aarhus Compliance Committee has interpreted Article 9 (3) of the Convention to mean that the public must have access to adequate judicial mechanisms in the event of acts and omissions in contravention of environmental law and, secondly, to provide … Continue reading
The Captain’s warm-up had gone well and so we arrived at the beautiful but enormous Palace of Nations in Geneva with the usual pre-match jitters, but with Pat Swords charging ahead and us in his wake, we found our … Continue reading
Readers were enraged at the contents of a previous blog on the inexplicable lack of activity on the part of the High Court in the case of Swords v Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. Conspiracy theories came thick … Continue reading