- “obscurum per obscurius”
- Forcing the ‘Custodians of the Planning Process’ to do their job.
- Injunctions against Quarries
- Path to Extinction: Giant Wind & Solar Farms Destroying Habitat & Threatening Endangered Species
- Michael Shellenberger: Sorry, But I Cried Wolf on Climate Change
- Adios to Substituted Consent. At last.
- Distraction from the car engine
- What do we mean by “Conflict of Interest”?
- Follow The Law is my Oyster on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Planning Permission; Extension; Planning and Development Act
This is a very interesting piece from National Wind Watch which in turn was gleaned from an article in the Sunday Times. Considering the number of new applications for wind farms happening all over the country, I wonder how … Continue reading
The Aarhus Compliance Committee has interpreted Article 9 (3) of the Convention to mean that the public must have access to adequate judicial mechanisms in the event of acts and omissions in contravention of environmental law and, secondly, to provide … Continue reading
A person needs to feel safe and secure, and happy, in their own home. If a society cannot guarantee its citizens a peaceful and secure place to stay, that society will very quickly become dysfunctional. Citizens will react … Continue reading
The tort of Nuisance – basic principles The law of (private) nuisance has been around for a long time but it has always been a poor neighbour to the more commonly litigated torts of negligence and trespass. In … Continue reading
“I am as anxious as anybody else to have these new guidelines put in place as the current guidelines are not fit for purpose.” (Denis Naughten, Minister for Communications, Climate Change and Environment, Dail, 06/10/2016). Finding space for wind … Continue reading