- What is “disability”?
- People with intellectual disabilities who want to marry.
- When you need a helping hand
- Learning at Level 5
- The concept of Standing and the access to justice
- Public Consultation – fruitful or farcical?
- Victims Vindicated: Farmers Victorious in Landmark Legal Battle Over Wind Turbine Noise
- More on Forestry
- Follow The Law is my Oyster on WordPress.com
Category Archives: High Court; Judge Caroline Costello; John Callaghan; Leave to Appeal
This blog has been quiet for a while as I am currently engaged with lecturing online, which is a time-consuming and often stressful exercise, as there are so many elements completely beyond your control. I know that from a student … Continue reading
Many thanks indeed for the loads of helpful comments and suggestions to the first draft of a chapter I am writing which seeks to introduce the Irish legal system to people who know little or nothing about Irish law. I … Continue reading
The Aarhus Compliance Committee has interpreted Article 9 (3) of the Convention to mean that the public must have access to adequate judicial mechanisms in the event of acts and omissions in contravention of environmental law and, secondly, to provide … Continue reading
Congratulations to Val Martin, who took on An Bord Pleanala in the High Court and won. This amazing achievement is testimony to the fact that it is possible for a person, with no formal legal training, but with bucketloads of … Continue reading