- Oh, what a lovely scam!
- A time for Family
- How Authorisation Procedures for Wind Farms are Illegally Discriminating Against Other Sources of Renewable Energy
- The attack on Human Rights in Turkey
- Ireland in trouble with Aarhus – again
- What! More wind turbines? Are you serious?
- Autism : A colourful history
- Follow The Law is my Oyster on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Freedom of Information; Access to Environmental Information; AIE; Commissioner for Environmental Information
Many thanks to Wind Aware Ireland for this very informative update: Updates. 30th August, 2019 A panel of legal experts has found that Irish planning law is non-compliant with requirements under an international convention to allow the public to participate … Continue reading
The Aarhus Compliance Committee has interpreted Article 9 (3) of the Convention to mean that the public must have access to adequate judicial mechanisms in the event of acts and omissions in contravention of environmental law and, secondly, to provide … Continue reading
A person needs to feel safe and secure, and happy, in their own home. If a society cannot guarantee its citizens a peaceful and secure place to stay, that society will very quickly become dysfunctional. Citizens will react … Continue reading
An interesting decision was handed down by Peter Tyndall, the Commissioner for Environmental Information, as to whether a private wind farm (“Wexwind”) fell within the definition of “public authority” for the purposes of the AIE Regulations, and was therefore … Continue reading